Subject: [Leica] EBay Paypal sting - off topic
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 15:32:18 -0700

When I got my PayPal account in the USA, a bank account was required to
ensure PayPal would get their money.......so they have that info on me.
If there would be a dispute, I am sure they would not hesitate to hit my
bank account, no matter how I originally received money or paid for my
goods.....

It may be scary, but so was direct deposit of payroll in the early days.....
my wife saw always nervous....

My own experience has been pretty good, with some minor problems that were
resolved in my favor.....or at least to my satisfaction.

Nothing is perfect, and if 1% of the deals go bad, I guess that is the cost
of efficient transfer of payments her in the US....

You overseas folks have it  a lot different where you can easily transfer
funds, electronically, through the banks, and even convert currencies when
required....

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] EBay Paypal sting - off topic)