Subject: [Leica] Transfer of files
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 17:20:45 -0400

Mark writes:

"I decided to just use the new USB one

and not the older FireWire 800 with the special cable which might be messing

up. Turns out I can't tell the difference and my system seems much happier.

I work off a one year old Macbook pro."

- - - -

I did almost exactly the same thing. USB 2.0 is just about as fast as
Firewire. The downside is that you can't boot a Mac computer via USB. I'm
currently running OS 10.6 on my iMac but I have a lot of legacy software
that won't run on the new system. So I kept a copy of the older OS 10.5 on
the Firewire disc and boot my computer from that when I want to use the old
stuff.

Larry Z