Subject: [Leica] New R Solution?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 02:28:03 -0400

Oh I SEE!
MY last post:
" They would want the body in my opinion to be much smaller than the S2.
Leica is not about cameras which are bigger than they need to be.
But as compact as possible.
So the tooling would need to be made fresh.
And they don't want to keep making or selling or talking about R lenes.
So I don't see it happening. They want you to use the S system spend a lot
of money and knock everybody's socks off. Not the R system which didn't get
much respect."

I notice I said " Not the R system which didn't get much respect."
And it didn't.
>From me I did though not that anybody cared.
George I was on the LUG a full decade before you ever got here.
I'm very pro gung ho Leica in every which way and have expended the virtues
of all phases of the Leica R, M and LTM a thousand ways. Check the archives
the record is there.
I'd have loved to be using them I'm a die hard Leica guy.
But it didn't work out that way. I was using mainly Leica M's in the 90's
and for SLR needs which were few in 35mm I'd make due with ny Nikon macro's
and longer glass than 135.

For me to state that the Leica R was not seen as highly as the M is only me
relating a well known long known fact. I wish it was different. But it
ain't.
It didn't mean I didn't like the system.  And that's the past tense. Because
just like Elvis and Marilyn it had left the building. Not with us any more.
Past tense.
I'm doing ok with what's available to me now in the present tense. Stuff I
can see.

The State of Leica R now is you can put the glass on a Nikon and a Canon and
shot full frame with them with not quite but almost full functioning.
That really sounds ok with me. I'm not seeing the big problem.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com

<http://www.hrc.utexas.edu/exhibitions/web/ddd/publications/selfportrait.html>>