Subject: [Leica] New R Solution?
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 10:30:19 -0500

You don't see the problem because you have not done it.
You've only read about it.

The problems:
Lousy viewfinders.
Lack of auto aperture.
Lack of precise metering.

Leica R glass on Leica R bodies = a gorgeous system.
Leica R glass on anything else = doable
(yet very far from optimal - I know because I've actually done it with Canon
bodies)
YMMV
Very valid reasons exist for the use of the term system.
Canon glass on Canon bodies = a very fine system
Nikon glass on Nikon bodies = a very fine system
etc.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com