Subject: [Leica] Searching?
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 03:17:13 -0400

Frank, that woman was homeless. She wasn't rich by anyone's standards. Just
as Americans often make false assumptions about other countries,
non-Americans often make false assumptions about the USA. Contrary to
popular belief outside the US, not all Americans are spoiled richie riches
surrounded by the latest symbols of conspicuous consumption. Many Americans
live in disgusting poverty, now as as the 1930s. I don't blame other
countries for this: its the fault of the American people that we allow this
in our nation, one of the wealthiest in the world. Nonetheless, poverty is
real here and in some parts of the USA approaches third world levels (the
Appalacian Mountains region and parts of rural New Mexico are two that come
to mind).

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography