Subject: [Leica] 35 mm format is best?
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 16:42:36 +0100

Sorry, I meant stills. Those monster movie outfits may well have a still
film MF of LF equivalent, but if they do I have never seen one.
In my 35 years of working at motor races I have seen a couple of Leicas, a
couple of Hasselblads (doing adverising posed shots, not sports stuff) and
Rolleiflexes being used (a long time ago) other than that all SLR in a
sequence which went pretty well all Nikon to mainly Canon and a recent swing
back to Nikon since the D3.
FWIW
Frank

On 26 Aug, 2010, at 16:36, simon jessurun wrote:

> hmm saw a documentary on Nat geo wild ..the making of something or
> other.The
> cameras and stabilised platforms they were mounted on were panned etc  by a
> forklift :) no idea what the cameras were but looked like the weighed a few
> hundred pounds.
> best
> simon Jessurun
> amsterdam
>
> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 5:29 PM, Frank Dernie
> <Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com>wrote:
>
>> Would make it hard to get exceptional wildlife or sport shots too, in most
>> cases.
>> Frank
>>
>> On 26 Aug, 2010, at 15:23, Tina Manley wrote:
>>
>>> But you should remember that the Leica is also better than MF or LF for
>> some
>>> uses.  I can't imagine carrying a medium or large format into huts in
>>> Central America and trying to document family life without being
>> obtrusive.
>>> The Leica rangefinder and Leica fast lenses are the absolute best for my
>>> purposes.
>>>
>>> Tina

>>> --
>>> Tina Manley, ASMP