Subject: [Leica] New 4/3 equipment?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 21:42:35 -0400

An f1 Noctilux weights 750 grams.
The .95 weighs 775  (1.71 lbs)

This CV normal focal length ultra high speed lens by Cosina Voigtl?nder
weights about half that. 410 grams. (400 vs. 800) To me that's what smaller
formats should be about. Small. Though by all rights it should weigh a
quarter that.
I'm glad they did not put a different mount on an existing lens.
The smaller format a lens is designed for the sharper its going to naturally
be. It should be easier to design.  It should resolve  much more than a lens
for 24x35. And would need to as the stuff is going to be blown up much more
we would hope.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com