Subject: [Leica] LIFE, The Babe & a gear question
From: richard at (Richard Man)
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 21:08:54 -0700

Wow, I actually never knew until now that Babe Ruth died from cancer. Having
lived in NYC and Boston area for a total for 19 years, I knew a bit about
him, but I guess not much at all.

Gears aside, who think Ralph's picture (image 7) is better than Nat Fein's?
I think it's often said that Net Fein's picture is so powerful precisely
because Babe's face was not visible, but would Nat Fein have chosen a more
face-on shot if he had the chance or the choice?

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 7:44 PM, Rei Shinozuka <shino at> wrote:

>  An interesting and unpublished color set of Babe Ruth's last Yankee
> Stadium appearance in 1948.
> below is the Life photographer Ralph Morse in 1943.  Gear question: what's
> he shooting?  My uninformed guess is a Contax and a mirror housing.  And
> what lens is that fast-looking chrome beauty?
> -rei

// richard <>
// icc blog: <>
// photo blog: <>
replies in your msgs. ]

Replies: Reply from mark at (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] LIFE, The Babe & a gear question)
Reply from sonc.hegr at (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] LIFE, The Babe & a gear question)