Subject: [Leica] Today is 8/9/10
From: spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 14:51:26 -0400

On Aug 9, 2010, at 3:34, Jeff Moore wrote:

>  9-Aug-2010
>
>  August 9th, 2010 (if you really insist on month first)
>
>  2010-08-09 (because nobody writes year-day-month!)

This is also the form accepted internationally and is ISO 8601 conformant.

As I am dealing with date format right now for work stuff, the best way to
do represent time is ISO 8601 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601>

2010-08-09T14:42:14-04:00

Which is local time in Ottawa (and include timezone).

Or if you like Coordinated Universal Time (formerly known as GMT)

2010-08-09T18:42:14Z

See, more than you possibly want to know about time format already. ;-)

Regards,
Spencer

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Today is 8/9/10)
Message from jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore) ([Leica] Today is 8/9/10)