Subject: [Leica] Today is 8/9/10
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 08:07:57 -0400

On 08/09/2010 03:34 AM, Jeff Moore wrote:
> While I don't want the world to be boringly culturally homogeneous,
> there are some things we should all just get with the program on:
>

>    - Use the metric system, dammit.

Metric?  We might as well dissolve the NFL and watch guys in shorts
maneuvering black and white Archimedean Buckyballs using only their feet.

:-)

But any American born in the 1960s should remember this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Metric_Marvels

The article closes:

"Ultimately, /The Metric Marvels/ failed to convince Americans to
convert to the metric system. ... Americans largely ignored governmental
attempts to push them in the direction of metrication, and the USMB [
(U.S. Metric Board <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Metric_Board>) ]
was eventually disbanded in 1982 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982>."

-rei
(the ugly american, whose favorite lens is the 1.97 inch noctilux)

Message from jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore) ([Leica] Today is 8/9/10)