Subject: [Leica] Today is 8/9/10
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 10:22:50 -0400

eek, you've recreated the Y2K bug!

since virtually all of us have data which spans the millennium, and
because we're confident that our leica images will continue to be
appreciated after 3000 AD, we'll be happier to use full years:

YYYYMMDDHHMMSS

(values always zero-prefixed, and fields optionally infixed with various
punctuation to improve readability, i personally like a dot between the
DD and the HH)

-rei