Subject: [Leica] Question about Camera Raw 6.1
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 19:25:48 +0200

Sorry for a possibly stupid question, feel free to call me an idiot as long
you provide an answer :-)

I just upgrade Lightroom from 2.7 to 3. From reading the readme file I
understand that to get the full advantage of its magic sauce
(=better-looking high-ISO images) I need to upgrade Camera Raw to 6.1, which
I am now in the process of downloading.

Now, Adobe says that this version of Camera Raw is not compatible with
Photoshop versions below CS5. I have CS3 and have no interest in upgrading.
I only use Photoshop for my panoramas. The workflow is to export TIFF files
from Lightroom and then merge them in Photoshop.

So, my questions are:

1) Will installing  Camera Raw 6.1 render my CS3 useless?
2) If not, then I will install it, but what do I then have to do in LR3 in
order to douse my existing catalog (already upgraded to LR3) in the Camera
Raw 6.1 magic sauce?

TIA
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman