Subject: [Leica] oil slick fashion photos by Stephen Maisel
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 19:36:25 +0200

Mark, have you shot with a GF-1 and the 20mm? Have you looked at full size
images in Photoshop or Lightroom? Because if you have not, then trust me,
you are absolutely not qualified to keep trashing it. I have both the GF-1
and the M8, and several modern M lenses, and I assure you that the images
produced by the GF-1 with the 20mm have nothing to be ashamed of when put
next to those produced by the M8.

But of course, the M8 is also "miniature" for you I suppose, since it has
its 1.3 or whatever crop factor.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu
http://www.greatpix.eu
http://www.nathanfoto.com
Blog: http://www.fotocycle.dk/blog

YNWA

On Aug 9, 2010, at 7:57 AM, Mark Rabiner wrote:

> Fashion models with oil yes its a bit of a leap and hard to comprehend but
> some might think it makes more sense then standing in front of the sweep of
> the Swiss Alps with a miniature format camera.
>
> --------------------
> Mark William Rabiner
> Photography
> mark at rabinergroup.com
>

>> From: Jayanand Govindaraj <jayanand at gmail.com>
>> Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 08:55:26 +0530
>> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
>> Subject: Re: [Leica] oil slick fashion photos by Stephen Meisel
>>
>> Frank,
>> I agree with you - pretentious claptrap. But OTOH, he takes them, because
>> he
>> gets paid, which he does because there is a large, ready audience for this
>> sort of 'fashion' nonsense.
>> Cheers
>> Jayanand
>>
>> On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 11:14 PM, Frank Dernie
>> <Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com>wrote:
>>
>>> It looked like a load of bad taste, self indulgent tat to me.
>>> Franl

>>> ;)

>>> Greystacks,
>>> 18 Denchworth Road,