Subject: [Leica] What are the rumors around Leica and Photokina? WAS : Leica annual report
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 14:21:15 -0400

2010-08-03-06:08:26 Marty Deveney:
> The Kodak sensors I'm referring to gain 2-3 stops of dynamic range.
> This is what I'm really interested in.

I would be very very interested in a more sensitive,
higher-dynamic-range, somewhat higher-resolution dedicated B&W digital
M body.  I'd try very very hard to find the money for it.  I've long been
interested in that notion.

I can't help but assume that Leica assume there aren't enough of us who
would want such a thing to fund putting it into production, but still...
that'd be super-cool.

Even though it might only appeal to old farts.  You know, those of us who
habitually still do hopelessly retro things like wear wristwatches.  But
then, part of Leica's business model is making state-of-the-art buggy
whips for us.  So who knows?

 -Jeff

Message from benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney) ([Leica] What are the rumors around Leica and Photokina? WAS : Leica annual report)
Message from richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] What are the rumors around Leica and Photokina? WAS : Leica annual report)