Subject: [Leica] okay, i'm seriously crazy about this camera (and this photo)
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 20:11:08 -0500

Geoff,

It is just something that bites photographers from time to time.  I have
lots of 4x5 and 8x10 negs with ultra-wide pinhole cameras.  And lots of
Holga negs - the ones with the camera converted to 6x6 so you get that
cool vignetting.  I even bought a Lensbaby thinking it might recreate to
an extent the Holga in digital - it doesn't.  The Holga is sharp here
and there, from camera to camera (I have several).  I would be doing
some pinhole now if I could get ultra-wide from a digital camera (you
can't - it is "normal" focal length, boring IMO in pinhole).  The iPhone
may be my next baby, though it may not work so well as a telephone - I
guess you can't have it all.  The best I have seen from this genre is
the Plungercam by Mark Tucker
(http://marktucker.com/2/Artist.asp?ArtistID=27916&Akey=MPEGN7AE),
though it requires a Hasselblad body and a Zeiss loupe (lens).  There is
also a Dianacam and so on.

Here I partially confess my similar sins (the light rays are not
photoshop - they are just what the pinhole captures somehow):

http://www.kencarney.com/Icons/psd_0072_std.html
(Leonardo ultrawide 4x5 pinhole, Polaroid PN film, RIP)

http://www.kencarney.com/Places/tif_0025_std.html
(ultrawide pinhole plate on 8x10 field camera)

Ken