Subject: [Leica] okay, i'm seriously crazy about this camera (and this photo)
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 09:45:55 +1000

Not so strange, the pixel counts are way past where digital cameras started
and you should not underestimate the complexity and quality of the lenses
designs fitted either.
Companies like Carl  Zeiss put a lot of R&D and effort into those. I
understand the appeal and convenience of having a camera integrated into
your interface to the universe.

I confess that I don't 'get' going to all of the trouble of setting up
lights and stands and all of the rest to try to extract the best you can
from your phone.  Maybe it's the challenge of making it work with a very
inefficient tool. Eating a bowl of fragrant rice with a toothpick.
Very possibly why Kyle is an ubercool and successful photographer and I am
an amateur.

I still very much like all of the pictures shown!

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman