Subject: [Leica] Lightroom 3 Cross-Platform Catalog: Warning
From: spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 20:18:16 -0400

This would be totally unacceptable response if I were the one calling. They
should give you a specific bug report they are tracking this problem with.

If someone asks me, about some S/W I wrote, if something that should work or
not, and it doesn't work consistently, it's a major problem for me because
"sometimes" is the worst answer possible. It's worse than if something is
busted because then I can fix it.

The answer should either "we support this but it is currently borked. Here
is the issue number we are tracking by" or "We have never officially
supported this feature. It worked by accident until now. Sorry"

If this is something that Adobe specifically advertises, I would write to
the CEO. False advertising and all that nasty stuff.

It's not as if this is free or cheap S/W. You guys paid a lot of money for
this crapware. Would you accept an expensive camera that sometimes work and
the manufacturer says too bad it only work 80% of the time? $10 camera
marked "as is" from a yardsale, sure.

[Yes, this is a pet peeve. Ever increasing level of S/W mediocrity due to
horrible (and unnecessary) complexity over the last 25 years and people are
conditioned to accept this mediocrity and pay happily through the nose. Come
to think of it, since the advent of the PC and that unamed company based in
Redmond.]

Regards,
Spencer