Subject: [Leica] Lightroom 3 Cross-Platform Catalog: Warning
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 18:45:14 -0500

I know enough of you use Lightroom that I thought I should post this here.

Using LR v2.x I would travel with my MacBook Pro, edit and adjust
images on it while traveling and then when home I would copy the
catalog to an external hard drive and then import it into my Win XP
Pro desktop.  No problem. LR is cross-platform, as we know.

With LR3: big problem.  No import onto the PC.  Fail. Message: 'Can't
do it. Unknown Error.'

I posted on the Adobe user forum a week ago with no replies.  I just
talked to Adobe tech support and was told 'sometimes it will work and
sometimes it won't.'

<sigh>

--Bob

Replies: Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] Lightroom 3 Cross-Platform Catalog: Warning)