Subject: [Leica] 21mm f1.4 Summilux - the next "must have?"
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 00:42:49 -0400

The 21 SA is great for film, but on the M9 (and M8) it shows a lot of
vignetting and cyan drift. I don't have an M9, but from what I read from
users, the SA is almost unusable on the M9 because of its very close to
film plane rear element, causing the light to hit at such a steep
angle. The meter is usable only with several stops of exposure
compensation.
I lust after one of those SA lenses too, but if it's to be relegated
only to film body use, then I'm going to stick with my 21 2.8 Biogon
which is stellar.

Phil Forrest