Subject: [Leica] 21mm f1.4 Summilux - the next "must have?"
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 00:13:10 -0400

> I had one of those. It was indeed sharp, had extremely low distortion,
> was
well made and very compact.
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/93445294
> finally sold it as shooting directly against the light caused more flare
than
> I liked.
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/92958185
As Frank mentioned, it
> has some shortcomings on the M8 and M9. You cannot
replace the lens mount with
> a coded one due to its design but you can get it
modified so that it brings up
> compatible frame-lines for agreement with
manual coding.
More importantly it
> is not recommended for the M9 as it has a bad case of
red
> edge-itis.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman

The 21 which has always been on my wish list is the Schneider Super Angulon.
(the SA)
That was not supposed to work with digital M's yet does perfectly; a true
non retrofocal wide angle lens; like the 38 Biogon.
I see let Biogons be Biogons and preach tolerance to those of the Angulon
persuasion..

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest) ([Leica] 21mm f1.4 Summilux - the next "must have?")