Subject: [Leica] 21mm f1.4 Summilux - the next "must have?"
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 01:20:58 -0400

> The 21 SA is great for film, but on the M9 (and M8) it shows a lot of
> vignetting and cyan drift. I don't have an M9, but from what I read from
> users, the SA is almost unusable on the M9 because of its very close to
> film plane rear element, causing the light to hit at such a steep
> angle. The meter is usable only with several stops of exposure
> compensation.
> I lust after one of those SA lenses too, but if it's to be relegated
> only to film body use, then I'm going to stick with my 21 2.8 Biogon
> which is stellar.
>
> Phil Forrest

What I saw were black and whites taken with an m8 and projected in Rochester
3 years ago.
Ok it was Sy Johnson: ?Jazz, Leicas & Me? on October 13,2007.
(Mr. Johnson is a well-known jazz pianist & Leica photographer)

The glass yes goes right up to the film or sensor plane.
But I saw them projected big. Black and white though.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner