Subject: [Leica] M8 batteries... I think I am giving up......
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 23:04:08 -0500

Jayanand,

I totally understand the necessity to prepare for extenuating
circumstances;
and referred only my own shooting style;
wasn't making any sort of recommendation.

When I did the recent gig in Memphis
I planned on shooting all the work with the R8/DMR;
but also took the 5D and M8 as backup;
as well as the M6TTL (in case all else failed).
I also took extra flash tubes, modeling lights, and fuses for the
Elinchrom strobes;
and way more than enough AA's and 9 volts for the Quantum Radio slaves;
along with an extra transmitter and receiver; as well as 5 synch chords;
incase the slaves failed.

As it turned out the R8/DMR performed as required without a hitch.
The only failure in nearly 25 hours of shooting was one 250 watt
second strobe modeling light;
and when I replaced it with a new one (as well as the fuse) - it
still failed to work.
So that light has to go in for repair of a circuit (or replacement);
and I had an extra 500 watt second unit in the case for just such an
event.

Backup is rule one if one wishes to avoid embarrassment and insure
payment.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com