Subject: [Leica] DNG Compression
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 20:07:43 +1000

You may like to research the way that the black point is now set especially
with higher ISO files when using the in camera compression to see if it is
important for you in practice.
Certainly you may find that the difference is not important for you but the
process has changed compared to what was happening in the M8. This may be
part of the way noise characteristics have been improved for higher ISO's.
Specifically you may encounter that the black point may now be set much
higher (clipping the more contaminated darks).

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman