Subject: [Leica] Don't touch that, it's minty!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 10:07:16 -0400

> The adjective 'minty' is gaining currency among eBay sellers.  Perhaps
> they think it sounds casual and friendly, but where I come from
> (Geordieland, a.k.a. Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK) it means scruffy or
> dirty.  When I see this word used to describe classic camera gear I
> hear echoes of my parents scolding, "Ugh, put that down, Peter, it's
> minty!"
>
> http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/m.htm

We have a late night talk show host from Scotland Craig Ferguson who last
time I saw the show a year ago got great humor from the use of the term
"minty". Always got a chuckle out of me!

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich) ([Leica] Don't touch that, it's minty!)