Subject: [Leica] Soft focus confusion, was: IMG: Miyazaki weekend walk
From: passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro)
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 16:42:31 -0400

My sense when I said the focus was soft was that the pictures had a look of
the iconic photos of the 1940s and 1950s to them, and I thought it was
intentional. I was not impugning the photos, which I liked.

I have glasses, and have needed new ones for a long while but at $600
I'd rather have an old M3 frankly.... so with my Nikon D40 I have a helluva
time getting in focus and this with a little signal in the viewfinder that's
supposed to help (I use a lot of manual focus lenses and shoot in absurdly
low light where even my AF lenses go batty...) so I often bracket a tiny bit
-- but when you're shooting with film this is not so much an option.

if you have the same problem with the M3 and the M6 across all the lenses
then it's something other than the calibration I would think. I think
Richard's idea is very good. It will reveal if it's you or the cameras.

Also, who's processing your film? What kind of film is it? All these might
be factors.

Vince