Subject: [Leica] So who will be the first to get the new 35 'lux?
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 22:09:25 +0930

> Isn't the 50 ASPH 'lux also based on the 35 'lux ASPH principles?

No, or at least only very loosely.  The immediate design descendants
of the 35 1.4 Aspherical (1989 version with hand-ground elements) are
the lenses with the negative front elements - the Summiluxes ASPH and
the Summicron ASPH.  Until now the 35 asph has not had a floating
element, the asphere is also in a different place than in the 50/1.4
asph and the overall design is totally different.

> If so, that's a killer design, spawning off the 35'lux, 50'lux, then the
> 75 'cron,
> and the 21/24 'lux.

The 75/2 and 50/0.95 (with an added asphere) are based on the 50/1.4.
The 21 and 24 Summiluxes belong to a new group of designs where the
floating elements are not the rearmost group.

The Leica-camera website has all the block designs, although I can't
find the older lenses anymore.

Marty

Message from richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] So who will be the first to get the new 35 'lux?)