Subject: [Leica] So who will be the first to get the new 35 'lux?
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 20:29:26 -0700

Erwin likes the new lens. Basically the same as the old lens, unless you
shoot between 1-~3 meters.

http://www.imx.nl/photo/leica/lenses/page171/SX35FLE1.html

And he even have real pictures now, instead just test charts.

The optical design is pretty much the same, except for the floating element.
Isn't the 50 ASPH 'lux also based on the 35 'lux ASPH principles? If so,
that's a killer design, spawning off the 35'lux, 50'lux, then the 75 'cron,
and the 21/24 'lux.

They should give it a name for the design, like Stellagon or something :-)

I take most of my pics with the 35 lux and the 21 lux. hmmm...

--

Replies: Reply from benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney) ([Leica] So who will be the first to get the new 35 'lux?)