Subject: [Leica] IMG: PAW 16 (ric)
From: ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 11:43:23 -0400

On Apr 29, 2010, at 10:56 AM, philippe.amard wrote:

> Thanks Ric,
>
> don't take it as (negative) criticism, please, it is not.

i did not, thanks

> To illustrate what I meant, I was at an old friend's last night recording
> the voice for a slidehow, and he showed me photos of course, some taken
> with a D200, some with his new D700.
> There is a difference of course. It can't be the lenses, he's using the
> same. But the colours are consistent between digital bodies. And more
> surprising, with the slides he'd shot with an F5, F3, back to Minolta SRT
> 101.
>
> In your case, the film photos were consistent as a group.
> The M8 ones are as a group.
> I simply noticed - maybe I'm this is where I'm wrong - that the two groups
> have a different colour rendition; hence my questions.
>
> So have your tastes and adjustments changed?
> Or are there two Leica colour signatures?
> Both?

my tastes change daily, but the biggest thing may have been the digital
switch. At the same time i added the m8, i added lightroom as my main tool
for photo handling. previously, i was dependent on film scans, an additional
step for variation to occur.

> I would tend to think that the second option is the answer, from what I
> see of Steve's and Geoff's M9 photos, the colour rendition is different.
> Sort of New Leica inside, using the same lenses.
> Yet you're using an M8, and from there arises the other part of my
> questionning, i.e. how you get this M9 look from an M8, which I had not
> noticed when viewing other luggers' posts.

it is much the same senor is it not? just a section out of the middle of it.

i don;t know what i'm doing, but i'm having fun--usually

thanks again

ric

Replies: Reply from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard) ([Leica] IMG: PAW 16 (ric))
Message from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard) ([Leica] IMG: PAW 16 (ric))