Subject: [Leica] ANZAC day
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com)
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 21:49:42 -0400

G'day Geoff,
my grandfather was a "late" arrival on Gallipoli. He was injured (if he
was smart, probably shot himself in the foot) and shipped home. I like to
spend Anzac day thinking about those who headed off to war, uninformed,
unprepared and ill advised, only to return home to start a "normal" life.
I am moved every time.

Thanks for this wonderful image. Perhaps Frank is in it as well ;-)

cheers

Alastair