Subject: [Leica] Product Review: The Leica X1 from Adorama Learning Center
From: passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro)
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 23:39:41 -0400

Nathan

Adorama is not dodgy in the least. It's a large well established store on
17th Street near Sixth Ave in NYC with a good online business. I used to get
all my film from them -- shipped instantly arrived quickly always accurate.
I have bought some other stuff there. Their prices -- and general culture --
always match B & H's or are within $10. In the end I like B & H a lot better
-- great customer service. But Adorama is very good. I meant only that
they're really not in a position to get Leica pissed off at them. I don't
think they're worried about X1 sales because I don't there are many to speak
of in that store. Anybody buying a $2000 point and shoot with some basic
problems isn't schlepping down to Adorama and standing in line to talk with
one of the crabby old orthodox guys in crumpled gabardine to get it. But
they do have other Leica business and wouldn't bad mouth the company.

Vince