Subject: [Leica] IMGs: a large format photographer
From: oliverbryk at comcast.net (Oliver Bryk)
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 08:24:43 -0700

Lluis wrote:
"Oliver,
You get a superb M8+Cron35 quality!, really extra.
What a pleasure shot with such large format camera!
Saludos
Lluis"

Thank you, Lluis, for your kind words. I enjoyed working in the 4x5 inch
format.
Oliver

Nathan wrote:
"Hi Oliver,
I like the first one best; the scene itself does not look that interesting,
although I can imagine that with B&W and probably red filter etc. he can
make it look more dramatic than it really is.
Cheers,
Nathan"

Thanks, Nathan; I appreciate your comments. I completely agree with you
regarding the scene not being interesting; I only included it in the
sequence to show what the chap was looking at. The camera position is just
not suitable for an interesting image. I have illustrated your point
regarding the red filter at  http://tinyurl.com/2eewy9o  .

The LF photographer told me that he wanted to capture the mood of Ansel
Adams's 1932 photograph "The Golden Gate before the Bridge" with its
dramatic clouds. I told him that he was not in the right location and
pointed to an accessible spot about half a mile away that would at least
come closer to where Ansel's tripod holes might be. There has been quite a
bit of erosion in the intervening eight decades and venturing out to the
edge is just not safe in most spots.

Oliver