Subject: [Leica] IMG: House Being "De-Constructed"
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 16:10:08 -0700

Yes, I would have to say that the renovated furnishing do not look...
optimal for a modern FLW style. In fact, I have to say that the house itself
does not look architecturally more appealing than a good Eichler.

Of course the neighborhood is something else. The next door neighbor, for
example, has a private tennis court!!

I didn't know about the cinder blocks. The pavers and most everything they
are selling off are "new" stuff.

We still had the original "Eichler Home" flyer for our neighborhood. There
are a couple original purchasers still around, and they bought the houses
back in the early 50s for ~$25000!!!

The Eichlers were built as "cheap housing for the masses," but Joseph
Eichler had the foresight to hire real architects to design houses that are
quite decent, IOHO.