Subject: [Leica] Lightroom newbie
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 07:15:33 +1000

Stan it is not off topic at all. Yes you will automatically be only offered
the correct profile choices for your camera. Adobe standard for you means
(M9) Adobe standard.
ACR 5.6 is Adobe Camera Raw which is part of Photoshop. The Raw processing
is identical to in Lightroom. However 5.6.1 does not yet exist. If you open
M9 DNG files in Camera Raw 5.6 some of them may result in crashes (the same
problem that LR2.6 has and why LR2.6.1 was released just for M9 users). The
problem is a bug that was introduced very late in the development cycle when
Adobe was adding other processing improvements for the M9. The fix for
ACR5.6 has not yet been released, however it now appears that Adobe are
adding more changes for M9 owners before we see that one.
 Right now your LR2.6.1 is the best choice to work with M9 DNGs. You can see
considerable further improvements in the processing with the LR 3 beta2,
 however commercial release for that is not yet here. Being a beta it is
incomplete and not meant to completely replace your LR2.6.1 as yet.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman