Subject: [Leica] Friday Rabsflower yellow and gray
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 02:10:17 -0400

> Mark
> I saw this picture earlier today because I was looking for something else
> and ended up on the LUG gallery home page and your mug was on there among
> the other galleries that came up and I saw you have four pictures up now
> instead of two so I checked it out.
>
> And I liked it very much.
>
> As much as I liked it I also like hearing you talk about it (which is
> seeing
> you write about it but you write in your own voice so it's just like
> hearing
> you talk).
>
> Someday before I croak I'm going to start a list of the people I've known
> who seem to me to be Real Artists -- not hte most accomplished I've known
> perhaps nor the most famous, just undeniably the real thing, live it eat it
> sleep it etc and can't do otherwise -- and though I know you only through
> this venue and for a short time I suspect strongly your name will be on
> there.
>
> Vince

Thanks Vince thinking of myself or being considered by sombody to be an
"artist" is not such a highfalutin stretch for me as I was an "art major" in
college and that 's all I was taught and was part of my mind set the whole
time. This was when the most you'd pay for a photo in a gallery was 4o
bucks. The mid 70's.
When I started out I didn't think of myself as a "photographer" but someone
who used photography as one of many print making techniques. I was a
commercial artist. But my work got more focused and less artsy fartsy and
"cleaner" as all my colored backdrops got used up and I was left with White
paper.. And a camera. It was much easer being Photoshop after Photoshop was
invented.
My adviser in college in St. Louis came out of the Chicago New Bauhaus was
always quoting L?szl? Moholy-Nagy. Myron was also a member of  the Repertory
company  which we had and was my original involvement over there I am an x
theater person.
It was always " Moholy says this or Moholy said that".
I liked that. It influenced me.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

http://photographyhistory.blogspot.com/2008/02/from-dada-to-bauhaus-moholy-n