Subject: [Leica] The Impossible Project experience first shots with the new SX70 film
From: mak at teleport.com (Mark Kronquist)
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 16:32:11 -0700

RECEIVED MY FORST TWO BOXES TODAY

It is a labor of love and I have a LOT of experience will all Polaroid
materials

Shot in a new old stock SX70 Chrome and Leather model...indicates 10
shots even though pack is 8.

That said

Kyle Cassidy will love this stuff. Zeb at Blue Moon almost stole my
SX70 and both boxes. Guys are Pro Photo were impressed that it even
existed

Five shots into the 8 pack got one good one of my white Pontiac
Solstice in bright sun...Still murky looks like one my great
grandfather shot in 1920 on a VP Autographic

Comes out blue. Opacifier no where near as good as Polaroid's. Gotta
get it dark and get it warm ASAP Those cold clips on 1970's Swingers
will come in handy.

Develops in under 2 minutes to a pleasing sepia tone (looks like long
lamented Polaroid Type 54 the rare Sepia stuff from the 1990s)

Much mottling

Very soft image

Now that I have exposure, dark and warmth dialed in time to manipulate
some

  VERY INTERESTING STUFF

Replies: Reply from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] The Impossible Project experience first shots with the new SX70 film)