Subject: [Leica] Wartime experiences
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 07:55:16 -0700

I stand on the opposite side of this issue, and not too far from the Sony
radio reaction, when it comes to Germany.
I still see the focus on individuals and organizations as a form of alibi.
Sometime ago, I called attention to the role of Central European entities to
some of the current adventurism and bogus rehabilitations. I was publicly
attacked by a semi official arm of the German government as a hateful person
based on my ethnicity. Mind you, I never identified myself as anything other
than an American veteran. After I did some cursory research, I found out
that the writer was from the German embassy in Mexico CIty, one of their
largest missions in the world. You figure out why! I went to the Jewish
Federation, here in LA, for advice on a response. They got a chuckle out of
it, as did I, and told me it would be pointless to get into a spitting
contest with them. So I left enough alone. But it was a reminder that the
Balkan Spiel in still in play at Berlin, well in to the late 20th century,
and into this one.
S.d.