Subject: [Leica] Hwy 1
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 01:18:05 -0400

> Doug,
>
> Did that trip the last time we were out there with a Toyota rental that was
> not in too good shape.  ;-)  Then we took the road from Point Arena to
> Sonoma,
> nice mountain road.  ;-) Nice overall trip though.
>
> Gene

I got married  in Portland Oregon Sun, Apr 2, 1978 and the next day we set
off with a brick of Kodachrome 25 and a brick of Panatomic 32 to photograph
Highway 1 both of us orignal from the Midwest. As a marriages present I got
a Nikon FM and a 24mm 2.8.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:California_State_Route_1.svg
As you see it covers most the state of california where I'd never been
before being new to the west coast. It was well worth it.
They said "don't go there are mud slides becaue of the rains" but we went
anyway. In a 1964 Renault Caravelle which had been on blocks for a decade or
so.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo) ([Leica] Hwy 1)