Subject: [Leica] twisty roads- NOW BALUG YOSEMITE TRIP NEXT WEEK!?!?!?
From: tomschofield at comcast.net (Tom Schofield)
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 10:30:25 -0700

Calling all BALUGGERS and all other invited LUGGERS:

The stars have come into perfect alignment:

        - Hal called from Camera West with a Black M9 with my name on it!
        - Next week is Spring Break!!!!!!!!
        - Doug has given a new Yosemite route - hereafter ever to be known
as "Doug's Route"

Anyone up for a Yosemite Trip??

Tom Schofield

Richard Man wrote:

>the thing that turns me off to daytripping to Yosemite - you
>have to drive through whatever mountainous twisty road there is, up and
then
>down, before you even get to Groveland.

Instead of going through Groveland, skip Priest Grade and go thought
Coulterville instead:  at Moccassin, continue on Hwy 49 instead of taking
120.  At Coulterville, take county road J20 a.k.a. Greely Hill road, to
re-join Hwy 120 at Smith Station/Buck Meadow, east of Groveland.  Much less
traffic, much more fun to drive even with my diesel pickup truck.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com