Subject: [Leica] REAL LIFE TIME???????????? Vince Passaro ?..
From: passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro)
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 11:08:14 -0400

Doug,

That's like me telling you that taking pictures of birds rarely works out.
They're far off and move all the time and many of them are quite small and
easily spooked and their feathers change colors in the light and their eyes
are like shining pieces of mica. So forget it. And water fowl: particularly
those.

You're like, well, no. It's hard, certainly, but not impossible and certainy
not without pleasure in the challenges.

Humor works fine in print. It requires the writer to be humorous and the
reader to be receptively speaking humorous too. We can argue this in terms
of which of us was tinnier of ear but I think the reference to Luis' thank
you notes is manifestly innocent of the charges leveled against it whether
you find it humorous or not. Saying well if I had 81 Luis must have that
many too is disparaging of Luis' work exactly how? I think Geoff was out for
a Sunday drive in Mr. Magoo mode on that one.

I'm actually pleased with the last paragraph of that letter, cf, Banquo. You
know, in terms of humor. Not that Shakespeare didn't write some some of the
best street plays in the business.

Vince