Subject: [Leica] three questions: C41 b/w film; Mamiya DM22; why no US version of GF1 w 20mm kit?
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 19:11:36 -0500

On 3/29/2010 10:05 PM, Vince Passaro wrote:
> I lvoe Tri X but cannot process it myself and find it increasingly
> expensive
> to have it done. The C41s can be done anywhere by anybody and put on disk.
> That's why I'm asking people's opinions.
>
> On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 9:43 PM, Ken Carney<kcarney1 at cox.net>  wrote:
>

>> The Kodak C41 film scans very well, and that is a good thing because it
>> will not last that long as a film negative.  Plus, you can use digital ICE
>> with the C41 films.  I never had much luck printing either the Kodak or
>> Ilford C41 films in the darkroom.   That is TriX etc. territory.  If I had
>> to go back to film, I would try Kodak C41 if available and a pro lab to
>> process.  Remember that if circumstances permit you can bracket ISO's with
>> these films and likely come up with something you will like.
>>
>> Ken Carney
>> Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Someone has probably covered this but you don't need a darkroom to
process TriX, if that is the impediment.  But if you are only scanning
and not printing in the darkroom, you will likely prefer 400CN.  Those
CD's the labs give you are pretty poor but usable as a digital contact
sheet.

Ken Carney
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Message from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] three questions: C41 b/w film; Mamiya DM22; why no US version of GF1 w 20mm kit?)