Subject: [Leica] three questions: C41 b/w film; Mamiya DM22; why no US version of GF1 w 20mm kit?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 00:14:55 -0400

> "Yeah-but"   In my little town. three years ago there were five places to
> get C41 processed, including Walmart, who did several runs a day. Now there
> are two.  Walmart now makes one run a day and Walgreens makes a one run a
> day.
>
> I'll bet that's a microcosm of your town.  Better learn to process Tri-X.
>
> My guess is that C41 minilabs are going away.
>

> --
> Regards,

Maybe minilabs were not the ideal outlet for the results from out rarefied
high end esoteric German camera gear in the first place?
Maybe a pro lab would have been a better match for our ASPH APO's and LTM's
and M' s?
Dip and dunk is the bottom line for many people doing something serious
photography.

Perhaps we should have our output we get from our photo toys be as
discerning as the toys themselves.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] three questions: C41 b/w film; Mamiya DM22; why no US version of GF1 w 20mm kit?)