Subject: [Leica] New Digital (?) Rangefinder Rumor
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 23:49:43 -0400

> Hi Mark,
>
> Sounds like you are betting on a repeat of the M3/M2 story.  Why would they
> diminish their cash flow when they are selling all of the M9 bodies they
> can
> produce?
>
> Jim Nichols

You're right if this continues they won't change. Like if its not broke
don't fix it and besides we're too busy making money. But its bound to level
off.
They will soon in the years of not months if not already months to come be
looking at other sensor options. The one they have not is the only non CMOS
but CCD out there and its a bit under the gun.. The writing is on the wall.
The future is just around the corner. Time Marches on. And some horses are
of a different color. When they introduce the next sensor what will it be?
Green? Plaid? Black and white? We don't know the sensor options being
presented to them.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] New Digital (?) Rangefinder Rumor)