Subject: [Leica] LR 2.6 and M8
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 22:16:48 +1000

Yep all that I said and the analysis was from Sandy who wrote Cornerfix as
you say. Sandy REALLY knows this stuff.
The DNG specification has been updated. However it is not compulsory that
every part of the standard is implemented.
The actual metadata from Leica has not changed, nor has Leica yet taken
advantage of some of the new possibilities (nor any other DNG implementer).
Specifically the ability to edit firmware corrections like lens specific
vignetting or aberration correction in post. Actually Hasselblad decided it
was too hard and dropped their support, while removing support for DNG from
users' convertors without telling them too.
 Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman

Message from lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] LR 2.6 and M8)