Subject: [Leica] LR 2.6 and M8
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 17:06:31 +1000

It is reading a value (for EV I think) in the Metadata and incorrectly
reporting it as aperture. In my experience can be close, (~.5 to 1 stop)
Remember that the M8/9 has a brightness sensor which can be used for
comparison against the metered value for some functions (including flash and
some corrections in firmware). Reportedly also used to adjust the finder
display brightness. I think that the value was always present in the
metadata but not read/reported previously.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman