Subject: [Leica] IMG: Dog portrait, with the succulent middle of a 50mm Summilux.
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 09:16:31 +0000

If you are shooting at f5.6 Leica lenses are a bit of a waste of money. My
Leica 50mm f1.4 is noticeable better that my Nikon 50mm f1.4 -at- f1.4, but
at f5.6 i see very little difference. The price differential is almost 10:1.
That is my experience in general, sure all lenses get better stopped down,
very particularly the cheap ones. What makes Leica worth the money (if you
have it) is it loses so little quality as you open up, compared to others.
IME.
Frank