Subject: [Leica] OT: Another maybe not so stupid GH1 question
From: passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro)
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 04:27:48 -0400

You have 6000 dollar photo books? Where does one get a $6000 photo book?

Here's something from Erwin I read tonight: after his sixteen part series on
the M9 he wrote a little conclusion which he posted quite recently, and it
ends this way:

*The great value of the M9 is the concept of compactness, simplicity, direct
vision, lack of lowpass filter and the rangefinder/manual focus mechanism,
coupled with excellent engineering and accurate assembly. In our basically
imperfect world, we have to accept that every advantage implies a certain
disadvantage.
To cope with the disadvantages is a better approach than to complain about
them. Mastering the M9 is a route not without difficulties, but inherently a
pleasant quest and the results are most satisfying. Exaggerating the
complications is as wrong as denying them. The M9 should be approached as a
competent instrument with a strong character and philosophy, but do not
neglect the limits. The camera deserves it.*

This is very intelligent I think.

Vince