Subject: [Leica] IMG: Occasional Friday Flower - Jim N.
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 18:48:52 -0500

Mark,

Since I started this debacle, maybe I should respond.  Your comments on
sensor size are close, not exact, but that is no big concern for me.  I will
be 80 in a couple of weeks, so I'm not walking dark alleys, with or without
my camera.  I occasionally shoot ISO 800, but, most often 400 or less, and,
if I wish to push the light situation, I will use a 1.4 prime lens, which
also provides good separation from the background.  I always shoot RAW, and
ACR provides good compensation and conversion.

My point is, that for small images, the Kodak CCD sensors in both the Oly
E-1 and the Leica M8 resolve in a similar manner.  Sure the M8, or better,
the M9, provides better total image resolution, but this is not important
for the uses that I make of my images. YMMV

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA