Subject: [Leica] IMG: My next boat?
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 19:21:07 +0100

Larry,

you just missed your chance - the Grand Turk was on the market for quite
some time and has just been sold off to Etoile Marine in France.

The asking price was only 2.8 million pounds in the UK - I?m sure if we
had all put our pennies together, we could have bought her, even though
she's not a "Lugger" :-)

She's a replica (with all the modern gear like diesel engines and
satnav), and has been used in the Hornblower TV series and quite a few
movies.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Transport/Ships/Grand_Turk.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Transport/Ships/Grand_Turk_2.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Transport/Ships/Grand_Turk_3.jpg.html

BEWARE!! the large versions in colour are pretty big - I forgot to limit
the size in Lightroom.

Cheers
Douglas