Subject: [Leica] Be's Soccer Game
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 11:45:52 -0500

2010-03-13-10:47:29 Ric Carter:
> so, if  i shoot a graycard, and set balance accordingly manually, it
> will give me a metadata tag that will make the LR import consistent?

Yep.  A particularly handy thing to use for this is an ExpoDisc:

http://www.expoimaging.com/product-overview.php?cat_id=1&keywords=ExpoDisc

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/358082-REG/ExpoImaging_EXPOD77W_ExpoDisc_77mm_Digital_White.html

Just slap it in front of your lens, point at the primary light source,
and grab your white-balance frame.

The "ExpoDisc Portrait" is what I ended up preferring, pretty much
universally.  It's ever-so-slightly on the cool side of neutral, which
causes the camera to compensate to ever-so-slightly warm.

Oh, and while they have lots of sizes (presumably to fit particular
lenses), I've found that just one big one (77mm is enough bigger than
glass I regularly use) to hold in front of any lens, shade and all, is
what works for me.

 -Jeff

Replies: Reply from rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler) ([Leica] Be's Soccer Game)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Be's Soccer Game)