Subject: [Leica] Yosemite early sunrise...
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 06:18:23 -0800

On Mar 13, 2010, at 2:21 AM, Mark Rabiner wrote:

>>> 12.000 K if I ever saw one.
>>

>> sorry Mark, I don't understand this.
>>
>> Steve
>

> The coldest shot I've seen in years.
> Blue. Cyan.
> High elevation with lots of blue cyan sky no clouds and it makes for
> amazingly cold light.
> Which I'm estimating was around 12,000 k or a bit more.
> a tungsten conversion filter might not even be enough to balance it.
> I'm not saying the color was wrong it was supposed to be cool on a scene
> like that.
> If you were shooting film.

It looks just the way I remember it.  And for good reason. Is that wrong?
Why would we wish to change it? Why do we wish  to make it look like  light
somewhere else, at low altitude, later in the day, another time of the
year...Why does that improve the shot? Sounds like that's a great way to get
fired, kicked out of a contest, or at least confuse people, maybe only
subliminally....

Just an silly amateur question,  wanting to know,

Steve